Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lumina Theory


Over the past few years I have heard certain phrases and quotes about General Motor's W-Body platform. Some of the gossip going around is that " Luminas are the next imperial" or "Luminas are the strongest car in compacts".  Where the hell did people lose their minds to compare the Lumina and Imperial?  No doubt Luminas hold their own in the heat of the battle but never compare it to an Imperial. That is just pure ignorance!

Responding to the quote "Luminas are the strongest car in compacts", well that can be easily argued.  I have witnessed many local derby venues have a plentiful field of Luminas, which none were really impressive in my eyes.  I have yet to witness one just flat out junk the competition with no problem unless it is cheated.

So in regards to that I am not in favor of this gossip.  It is just far fetched and completely ignorance driven.  If you are a fan of them and take this to heart, well tough shit. There are pros and cons you must weigh out before you label it the strongest car in the division, although you do have the option to support your own theory.

A strong car can be used efficiently and must have certain attributes, which a Lumina does not reflect the image of a strong car at all.  It is just a bunch of bullshit gossip filling everyone's heads to the point you are hypnotized.  Wake up people! Hello??  Don't be so gullible!

I know unfortunately I may seem like a critic, but honestly I am only trying to bring your attention to the myth about these cars.  The front end is often referred to as the "business end" which I do agree with that statement.  Luminas do have a stout front end if well built, but the ass-ends are not strong at all.  With that being said in my opinion it is not a strong car.

Who want's to drive around forward in a derby the whole time?  That must get awful boring.  The fan's come to watch a derby not hot laps at a dirt track.  They want to see those kamikaze shots you take from one end to the other with the ass-end.  They love that excitement, I know I sure do!

So don't follow the norm of the derby society.  Buy a junker somewhere and build it tough.  Remember any car can win at any given time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment